~Announcement 通告~

Due to the moderator Grace cannot simultaneously support two blogs, Grace decided to pause the update on Grace’s Kitchen English blog, Grace apologize for the inconvenience causes.

Grace will continue the update at 我爱我生活 blog which is written in chinese. If you like my sharing on food, baking, travel and life, please support me by joining 我爱我生活FB Page.

Thanks friends for your continuous support!

因为版主Grace无法同时支援两个部落,唯有暂停更新Grace's Kitchen英文部落,引起不变之处,敬请原谅。

Grace会继续在我爱我生活中文部落更新,如果喜欢我的美食、烘焙、旅游和生活分享,请加入我爱我生活FB专页吧!

感谢网友们一直以来的支持!

Please continue support Grace at我爱我生活 ^^

My Chinese Blog 我的中文部落

  • 【霹雳太平住宿】Sentosa Villa Resort - *2022年7月16日(星期六) - 2022年7月17日 (星期日)* 多年前一直想到 Sentosa Villa Resort 度假,后来因疫情的关系而耽搁。这趟难得疫情稍微缓和,决定带爸妈到这个山明水秀的地方度假散心。 继续阅读 Continue Reading →
    1 year ago

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Orange Mamon Cake

I found this baking recipe from my mom recipe collection book. She kept this recipe for 10+ years and never try out. I decided to try out last weekend :)

Ingredients:
A) 4 egg yolks, 20 g sugar, 3 tbsp orange juice
B) 100g flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder (mix and sifted), 1/4 tsp salt, 1 orange zest.
C) 4 egg white, 1/2 tsp cream of tartar, 50g sugar
D) 50g melted butter

Directions:
1. Beat A till fluffy, add B and blead evenly.
2. Beat C till stiff and confine, add (1) and D
3. Scoop batter into paper cups until 3/4 full. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
According to original recipe, baking powder should be 1/2 tsp, but I only figure out my baking powder on left 1/4 tsp when I prepare the ingredients, because of no time to buy new baking powder, I try to put only 1/4 tsp and luckily it work.

Regarding the sugar, original recipe was 40g for "A" ingredient and 60g for "D" ingredient, I cut of too much and my fresh orange juice was too sour cause the whole cake become "sour mamon cake".

Overall, this cake still consider delicious. ^^

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipi ^^
    Will try it when I back Penang~ haha:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 瑜珺,Look forward to your finished products oh~^^

      Delete
  2. wow, looks great, and seems soft enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. storyoftravel,not really >< it is not soft enough expected.

      Delete
  3. 我是时候要偷师学烹饪了,呵呵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. applefish,哈哈~大家互相学习吧!

      (发现我好像荒废这里好久了><)

      Delete
  4. OMG,this looks sinfully yummy! I have zero talent in baking, but I love all these yummy stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YT,I love this yummy stuff as well, so I start to learn baking.not necessary have talent but as long long you like cake.^^

      Delete